Here’s all my World Cup content in one spot.
Can’t believe it’s been a month since I landed in Sochi for my two weeks at the men’s World Cup. Also can’t believe the tournament’s over now. Spend 4 years waiting and then it’s gone in a flash — both the tragedy and the joy of the world’s greatest sports event happening so fleetingly infrequently.
Anyway, existential crisis aside, the best World Cup ever provided me a lot of content and I wanted to round it all up in one place. Enjoy!
- Things I Wondered: World Cup 2018. I wrote 15 thoughts on the soccer experience in Russia.
- Things I Wondered: Russia. I wrote 19 thoughts on the Russia experience in Russia.
- I gave up hosting duties for Episode 80 of The Mike Janela Show and let somebody else ask me all the questions they had about my time at the World Cup on my podcast.
- Inspired by fans at the matches, this Mike in a Minute lists the three times it’s ok to use “We” when you talk about your favorite team.
- Inspired by the man’s torso, I tried Cristiano Ronaldo’s insane abs routine for Day in Their Life.
And just like that, it’s over. Can’t wait for the U.S. women to show us how it’s done in France next year, and to spend the next 4 years debating whether I feel like going to Qatar.