The MLB Postseason is here.
Welcome to Mike in a Minute: I give my take on something that happens in the news. Original! The catch is, it won’t take you longer than a minute to read. I keep the maximum word count (not including this explainer) at 300 – the number an average adult reads per minute, according to Forbes according to Staples. Today’s topic: the MLB playoffs.
No words to waste.
We finally made it to October. Here’s who I want to win the World Series – and why – this year, in descending order:
10. YANKEES: Last thing they need is another title.
9. RED SOX: Last thing we need is their fans to brag about another title.
8. DODGERS: Hard to root for a team with a $262 million payroll.
7. DIAMONDBACKS: Meh? Would certainly be the least celebrated of all the outcomes.
6. ROCKIES: Matt Holliday still hasn’t touched home.
5. NATIONALS: The city of D.C. deserves a title. I just can’t imagine the credit President Trump would somehow try to take for finally bringing it to town.
3. CUBS: I love seeing historic droughts end. I also love seeing historic dynasties start. If Chicago rattled off five titles in a row, I wouldn’t be mad. And you’ve seen Kris Bryant’s eyes, yeah?
2. ASTROS: Spiritual kin to my childhood-favorite Mets (#Colt45s). What a run it would be for the city post-Hurricane Harvey. And Jose Altuve is Jose Altuve. Just bring back Tal’s Hill, k thanks.
1. INDIANS: 1948. The Rain Delay. LeBron’s leaving again. I passed Terry Francona going the opposite direction on an escalator once. He smelled nice. Andrew Miller gave us this.
Insensitive logo aside, can’t find a reason to root against this team in October. Go Tribe.